St. John’s Lutheran Educational Ministries is the primary mission of
St. John’s Lutheran Church.
- We are first and foremost a Christian school, while also maintaining high academic standards.
- We are fully accredited, and proud of our highly qualified teaching staff.
- Christian Education/Discipleship is taught in class four days a week; Chapel is held each Wednesday in the church sanctuary.
- We offer childcare from 6 weeks through 3-year-old and 4-year-old Preschool classes, full day Kindergarten classes, and Grades 1-8.
- School hours are 8:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M. and students are supervised beginning at 7:30 A.M.
- After School Care is available until 6:00 P.M. through the Early Childhood Center for an hourly rate.
- We participate in the National School Lunch program, with the West Bend School District.
- Secure, safe environment. All doors are locked during the school day. Visitors must check in at the office.
- Excellent school/parent communication via Sycamore, a website that enables our parents to access teacher newsletters, student assignments, student grades, school news, school calendars, and occasional e-mails from the principal.
- International Connection and Mission with our sister school Colegio Luz y Vida located in Salquil Grande, Guatemala. We connect with them via Skype once a month.
- Grade K-8 classrooms are all equipped with Smart Board Technology.
- Excellent national standardized test scores (MAP and EXPLORE) - CLICK HERE for comparative data.
- Service Learning through monthly visits to care facilities, mission projects, encouraging card ministry, jump rope for heart, and blood bank to name a few.
- Extra-curricular sports including volleyball, soccer, basketball, cross country, track, and cheerleading.
- Music is part of the regular curriculum for all grade levels, including Recorder instruction in 4th & 5th grades.
- Beginning & Advanced Bands, Choirs available in grades 1-8, and Handbells in grades 5-8.
- Weekly library instruction for each grades PK3-Grade 5
- Title 1 & Resource teacher for grades K-4, along with enrichment programs for grades 5-8.
- Spanish classes four days per week for grades 6-8
; Introduction and beginning Spanish twice per week in grades K-5
- Field Trips are a regular part of the curriculum throughout all grade levels. Common trips include JA BizTown, The Milwaukee County Zoo, and the State Capitol.
- National Spelling Bee participation beginning at the local level
- Annual Science and Academic Arts Fair
- Junk Wars and Knowledge Bowl participation at the Middle School Level
Technology instruction in our PC Computer Lab; students learn word processing, internet safety, power point, spreadsheets, keyboarding, and much more
- Field trips for all grade levels (including Madison for 4th grade, 3-day Outdoor Education for 7th grade, and a rotating trip for 7th & 8th Grade of The Creation Museum in Kentucky and Washington, D.C.)
- Volunteers are ALWAYS welcome. We are grateful for all helping hands, and we delight in seeing parents involved in their children's school life here at St. John's.